Every year, we as a church celebrate the four weeks leading up to Christmas; we call it Advent. We light candles, we think nice thoughts, maybe say a prayer or two. But I've never felt as if I were living it, that is, really preparing my mind and my heart and my spirit for the coming of Christ. So, based on a friend's "365 Days of Kindness" Project, I am going to be live and act according to the 28 days of Advent. So, here it is. I hope you’ll feel free to join me if you are so inspired.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 8: PEACE





This is the start of the second week of Advent. Although every church seems to do it a little differently, it seems the consensus on this week's theme is PEACE.


So, like hope, how do I do peace? I've decided the closest I can come is to offer kindness. Being kind to one another is surely a good first step to starting and maintaining peace.

So, I will contemplate the week ahead.

I leave you with 3 quotes:


Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love.  - Francis of Assisi

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. - Henri Nouwen

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.  - John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment