Every year, we as a church celebrate the four weeks leading up to Christmas; we call it Advent. We light candles, we think nice thoughts, maybe say a prayer or two. But I've never felt as if I were living it, that is, really preparing my mind and my heart and my spirit for the coming of Christ. So, based on a friend's "365 Days of Kindness" Project, I am going to be live and act according to the 28 days of Advent. So, here it is. I hope you’ll feel free to join me if you are so inspired.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Day 28: The light shines in the darkness...





Isaiah 9: 2, 6
The people who walked in darkness
                have seen a great light;
Those who lived in a land of deep darkness –
                on them light has shined.
For a child has been born for us,
                a son given to us;
Authority rests upon his shoulders;
                and he is named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
                Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


HOPE
Lamentations 3:24
"The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”

PEACE - 
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understating, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

JOY
Nehemiah 8:10
“…and do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

LOVE
I John 3:18
Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.



“Father, today I celebrate the reality of Your presence in my life. I celebrate Your birth, Your life, Your death and Your resurrection. And as I celebrate, Lord, help me to be "God with skin on" to those in need around me. Open my eyes and let me see them as You see them! I love You. Happy birthday Jesus! In Jesus name, amen.” -  Mary Southerland, “Girlfriends in God”

No comments:

Post a Comment