Every year, we as a church celebrate the four weeks leading up to Christmas; we call it Advent. We light candles, we think nice thoughts, maybe say a prayer or two. But I've never felt as if I were living it, that is, really preparing my mind and my heart and my spirit for the coming of Christ. So, based on a friend's "365 Days of Kindness" Project, I am going to be live and act according to the 28 days of Advent. So, here it is. I hope you’ll feel free to join me if you are so inspired.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Day 15: JOY

This week's advent theme: JOY.




Today, I rest. I will contemplate JOY, how to show it, how to spread it. These quotes seem like a good start:


Joy is increased by spreading it to others. -  Robert Murray McCheyne



Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. - Joseph Campbell



Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light.  - Dumbledore

1 comment:

  1. Martha, I just binge-read your blogs for Advent, and I feel so filled with hope, joy, and peace. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete