Every year, we as a church celebrate the four weeks leading up to Christmas; we call it Advent. We light candles, we think nice thoughts, maybe say a prayer or two. But I've never felt as if I were living it, that is, really preparing my mind and my heart and my spirit for the coming of Christ. So, based on a friend's "365 Days of Kindness" Project, I am going to be live and act according to the 28 days of Advent. So, here it is. I hope you’ll feel free to join me if you are so inspired.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Day 3: HOPE for healing...

The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love. Hubert H. Humphrey
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/huberthhu152600.html?src=t_healing




The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love. -  Hubert H. Humphrey


Today I took my friend, Mike, to get a PET scan. This seems to be the last of the innumerable litany of medical tests he has endured to figure out what is going on with his heart.

Every test reveals nothing, or at best, another question.

Mike asked me to take him to the PET scan at the "U". He said he could do it alone, but he wanted me there.

I of course said "yes", largely because I love him so much.

But I also said "yes" because I have HOPE that our modern medicine will finally give him an answer about what is going on, and what he can do about it. I wanted to be with him to let him know, I have not fallen into despair, as he surely has.

The idea of HOPE sustains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment