Every year, we as a church celebrate the four weeks leading up to Christmas; we call it Advent. We light candles, we think nice thoughts, maybe say a prayer or two. But I've never felt as if I were living it, that is, really preparing my mind and my heart and my spirit for the coming of Christ. So, based on a friend's "365 Days of Kindness" Project, I am going to be live and act according to the 28 days of Advent. So, here it is. I hope you’ll feel free to join me if you are so inspired.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Day 1: HOPE














"Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day our Lord is coming." (Matthew 24: 42)



The first week of Advent is HOPE. And, I must admit, this is a hard one to "do". Like, how do you "act" hopeful?

This is especially difficult for me. Not only are the politics of today disheartening, but I admit to being someone who resorts to hopelessness on a daily basis. It is a struggle.

So, for today, I'll post something I'm thinking about regarding hope.

One of my readings called hope a "chink in the armor of despair", which I found to be a perfect image.The passage went on to say "A little willingness can go a long way toward making hope and faith an ongoing part of our lives. In the hands of a Higher Power, sanity and serenity become realistic hopes."

So, my act of hope is to ponder this.
I'd love to hear about your experiences with hope this first week.

1 comment:

  1. Light no dark can overcome." Susan Cherwien. This says it for me.

    ReplyDelete